Friday, October 09, 2009

Michael Vick

After the whole Michael Vick incident it seems he is going to have his own television show. The show is called, The Michael Vick Project. I can only imagine what this show is going to be like. But as I read the posting on perez it seems the show is going to be about his rebound from dog fighting back to the NFL.

Vick Says, ""I just want people to really get to know me as an individual. What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I've made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it had never happened. But it's not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up." I guess a television show might be the perfect way for Vick to get his NFL image back, but at the same time we all know what he did and it was just ridiculous.

PETA, which is the "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals," disagreed with Vick's message and spokesman Dan Shannon said, "people who abuse animals don't deserve to be rewarded. They shouldn't be given multimillion-dollar contracts…or given the privilege of being a role model." I have a feeling this show isn’t going to last long if the viewer’s aren’t watching it and the ratings go down. I don’t think Vick will ever really be looked at the same as before the dog fighting.

No comments: