Friday, October 16, 2009

NFL mocks Jessica Simpson in commercial

Fox aired a commerical during NFL sunday's games on October 11th making fun of Jessica Simpson's weight. In the commercial you see Dallas Cowboys sitting in the locker room cracking jokes about Simpson's weight and Tony Romo. Since then FOX and Burger King corp (a sponsor) has apologized to Simpson. They said it was "poor attempt at humor was insensitive and we deeply apologize to anyone who might have been offended."

Apparently the Burger King Corp who is a sponsor of the NFL never gave it permission to be aired. Now, they are apologizing for their aloof actions.

After reading the article, without seeing the commercial, I was excited to see it and I thought it would be kind of funny to watch. I don't always agree with mocking certain celebrities, expecially on such a touchy subject for women- weight, but I thought at least it would be a good laugh. When I saw the commericial, it was just the opposite, I would define it as stupid and unnecessary. It had no main plot other than making fun of Jessica and the jokes weren't even very humorous.

No comments: