Friday, October 30, 2009

SportCenter

I am a big time sports fan. But I must admit that ESPN is starting to get a little old. I can only watch so much SportsCenter over and over again. The station runs the same stories over and over again. The news in general has been accused of looking for every possible angle when a big story hits (think Michael Jackson’s death); ESPN does this with practically every story. I find myself rooting for Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez just because I don’t want to hear countless reports on how he can’t perform in the post season.

ESPN should take a cue from MTV’s relative abandonment from music videos, and ditch ESPN for different programming. Well, maybe not that extreme. Just get rid of the 3 hour block of the same stories in which the most informative bits run quickly across the crawler at the bottom of the screen.

No comments: